Job Role: Senior Test Engineer
- Job Location
- Flint, Flintshire
- Posted Date
The need for Senior Test Engineer has arisen, this role is responsible for conducting a variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications and procedures or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties.
The Senior Test Engineer also ensures the continued smooth running of the panel test department to meet the production plan and to satisfy productivity requirements in line with continuous improvement principles.
- Read test schedules, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and parts under specified conditions.
- Compares results with specifications and records test data.
- Analyses test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
- Replaces defective wiring and components or records defects on route/fault card attached to the unit and liaises with Production Team Leader.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel and others regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
- Knowledge of and compliance with relevant ISO9000 procedures.
- Conduct thorough testing.
- Ensure deliveries are met by liaising with the relevant people.
- Deal with technical queries when necessary.
- To organize the workforce, tooling, consumables, machinery and purchased materials to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- To ensure output is to the required quality standards, determined by the company.
- Work with the Production Operations Manager to implement continuous improvements.
- To ensure staff operate in a clean, tidy and safe environment and follow health and safety procedures, including COSHH , PPE and risk assessments.
- Follow ISO9001 quality procedures and internal procedures.
- Identify skill requirements and provide appropriate levels of coaching, training and development and support to the test team. Also provide training to other areas when required.
- Assisting with customer training and witness tests when required.
- Assist with customer complaints or queries when required and implement measures within the test departments where necessary, to avoid reoccurrences.
- Create & maintain test procedures, to be signed off by senior technical authority.
- Assist with prototypes and new products when they arise, developing the testing equipment and procedures when required, to the approval of senior technical authority.
- Encourage multi-skilling between areas and assist with staff shortages where needed.
- Maintain regular performance reviews with your team.
- To work with and influence people outside the section to achieve the above.
- As Senior Test Engineer, the incumbent will give technical support to the other test engineers and the Production Operations Manager. It is likely that this will entail support during problem solving, liaising with R&D/Engineers if additional support is required.
- Understand CI principles.
- Literate and numerate with good communication skills.
- Be flexible and accurate with a positive manner and good organisational skills.
- Be prepared to undertake necessary training to maintain required competencies.
- Have good problem-solving skills to test ‘non-standard’ panels & deal with changing working conditions.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out written and oral instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Normal working hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday to Thursday and 0800 to 1600 on Fridays
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexitime Holidays
- Westfield Health