Job Role: QHSE (Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental) Officer
- Job Location
- Head Office, Flint, North Wales
- Posted Date
- Closing Date
- 23rd July 2021
Reporting to the site Managing Director, the QHSE officer is responsible for coordinating all activities required to ensure that the products and services provided to our customers are of the highest quality. Products must be fit for purpose, safe, and meet both external and internal requirements including legal compliance and customer expectations.
As the QHSE officer, you will coordinate the activities required to meet our quality standards. Working closely with the Customer Service, Production and Engineering Departments you will identify and improve quality issues, reduce expense and reduce failed customer interactions, using your experience to perform true root cause analysis and implement robust and sustainable process improvements.
You will be the site contact for H&S and environmental issues, heading up H&S improvement projects, environmental monitoring and accident investigation.
To ensure regular auditing is carried out internally as required, ensuring adherence to company standards and compliance with business accreditations.
Main Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- To continually monitor and report internal rejections and customer complaints, to instigate root cause and corrective action to promote waste reduction and continuous improvement.
- To review and set Quality objectives within the production area.
- To ensure that all quarantine material obtains rework / disposal status within a specified time limit, managed through the stock database.
- To review, investigate and resolve customer complaints, visiting the customer where necessary.
- To review, update, maintain and improve the Integrated Management System documentation (ISO9001, ISO45001, ISO14001).
- To attend Group steering committee meetings, and meet group quality, H&S and environmental objectives.
- To liaise with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers, including site visits for auditing and approval.
- Carry out routine H&S audits, and document accident reports as/when required.
- Manage equipment calibration systems and some other on-site equipment maintenance contracts.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Planning and prioritising activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and present data effectively.
- Strong work ethic, honesty and integrity.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Proven experience of using lean tools, e.g., six sigma, 8d, 5 why.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Quality role.
- Certificate/Diploma in quality management.
- Knowledge of the application and development of processes to international management system standards including ISO9001.
- Training/education certificates related with ISO/quality.
- Knowledge of ISO45001 and ISO14001 would be beneficial.
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate or, preferably, NEBOSH certificate in Occupational H&S are desirable.
- A background in technically engineered products.
- Experience in engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in facilities management.
This is a full-time role 39 hours over 5 days per week.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexitime Holidays
- Westfield Health